View Single Post
Unread 01/28/2018, 05:21 PM   #10604
Guy2112
Registered Member

New to salt water

Hi all,
I started up a 29 gal curved front tank. My brother in law moved and gave me everything. Eheim 250 canister, aqua flow over the back filter. LCD light with a remote. Lots of settings. Very cool.
Went to a lfs that had outstanding ratings online. He gave me the scoop about substrate, live rock and salt.
I set the tank up with 20lbs of live rock and a bag of live sand. He told me to let it filter though for a week and then bring water in to get tested.
The salinity was low so I drained 5 gallons and added some more instant ocean and tested it with my new hydrometer.
Salinity 1.021.
Temp is 78
Ph 8.2
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
The lfs told me to take out all the plastic plants. He said they will kill whatever fish I put in the tank. I couldn't find anything online to corroborate that.
I used imaginarium plants. Anyone know if these will cause any trouble?

I purchased a pair of clowns last night. I used the drip method to acclimate them. The lfs's idea not mine since I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing

They seem to be doing really well. Lots of swimming around. They even ate a little. I'm really excited about this. It's something I always wanted to do.

Guy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.9 KB, 19 views)
Guy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote