View Single Post
Unread 04/06/2011, 08:23 AM   #82
ange062
Registered Member

So I finally succumbed and ordered an AquaMaxx HOB-1 from MarineDepot yesterday, should be here Friday! While I was at it, I went ahead and ordered AquaticPharm SW / Reef Master kits so I am not dependent on a trip to the LFS for a water check. Also stocked up on Chemi-pure and Purigen.

I added an elegance last weekend as a "central piece" and was very happy with how everything looked! Unfortunately, the elegance wasn't happy with its location on LR or the flow there, and it wasn't opening up fully. I decided to re-scape the tank last night to give the elegance a nice open sandbed to lay on in a lower flow area. Unfortunately, I don't like the scape and think I am going to have to remove some LR to make it all work out, the tank looks too crowded now. The pulsing xenia frag I got at the same time is doing great, and opens up happily no matter where I move it.

Here is a pic of how I liked the tank before I had to rescape. I'll post a newer FTS once I get something that I like.

I'm also having a problem with one head on my frogspawn. It hasn't been opening for a few days now, and I have seen a few polyps fall off. I am hoping that it was just irritated by a crab or something and will recover. I'll be keeping a close eye on it though, and if it's getting worse by this weekend I may cut that head off to save the others.

29g AGA Planted FW
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote