Thread: RODI Pressure!
View Single Post
Unread 04/16/2011, 11:41 AM   #10
ChuckLawson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFS View Post
Let's back up a little...

Jeff hit the nail on the head above. The max pressure you should be exposing your system to by plumbing code is 80 psi. Best if you don't expose clear housings to over 60 psi. So you need to reduce the pressure reaching the system, rather than worry about measuring the high pressure accurately. You need a pressure reducing valve:

Recommend you DO NOT run the system with the current high pressure - you're playing with fire...

Russ

What he said. I've been having problems the last ten years or so with faucets, toilet fill valves, etc. wearing out very fast, and with leaks around the cartridges of my RODI, float valves failing, etc. Never put two and two together until I added a pressure gauge to my my RODI and found I was at 95psi. Apparently the city bumped up the water pressure when a bunch of new houses went in nearby.

Long story short, I ended up paying a plumber to come in and put a pressure regulator on the water main to drop the whole house to 65psi. My RODI no longer runs quite as fast, but I've got a whole lot fewer problems with my RODI and plumbing in general. As a bonus, running water has gotten a lot quieter -- you can no longer hear three rooms away when the RODI unit is on.

ChuckLawson is offline   Reply With Quote