View Single Post
Unread 04/16/2009, 10:38 AM   #96
edandsandy
Registered Member

Well we just dosed our 6th dose today.

We noticed that some of our LPS babies are not doing well, we lost a small Blood Red Blastomussa maybe 3 small polyps, and a Red and Green Blastomussa 2 small polyps, we also lost a small blood chalice..
We also noticed that our large Open Brain (Cynarina Deshayesiana) it is about 7"-8" round is not happy when we dose. It starts to shrivel up and leave it's mouth open for a day and also noticed some brown waste is being excreted.

Our 2 Marble Starfish just stay in place for the whole day when we dose, and are LARGE snails look like they burrow them selfs into the sand. We even noticed the snail look a little shriveled up the day of dosing.

Where we are pulling the GHA out of the tank, it is starting to grow back, UGH!

We have notice a few new clumps starting in other areas of the tank as well.
In the sumps where I removed the GHA it has not come back, and the small clumps of GHA are growing nice and green....

Makes me wonder if I'm not doing something wrong or is it just me needing more time for the product to work........

Our tank is 375g total volume (we used the RC calculator), we are dosing 37mls........

We are not running carbon, we ARE running HC GFO from BRS......
We normally turn the skimmer off for appx. 30 minutes when we dose, so it doesn't go nuts.

Let me know what you think............

Current Tank Info: 375 Reef, 4) Radion LED lights X30 pro, Apex Fusion, Octo Regal 300 E Skimmer, GEO 618 Calcium Reactor 2) Reeflo Snapper pumps, 2)50g refugium, 2) MP 40's
edandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote