View Single Post
Unread 07/06/2015, 07:53 PM   #1266
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeracer619 View Post

You've had yours setup for a while, hows it handling the tank?
Mine is running great but probably way overkill for my tanks current needs. I have very little calcium uptake in my tank as my tank is primarily soft coral and some hammers that grow like weeds. I do have a couple small SPS's but that's it. Other than that, my coraline algae grows insanely and if anything, that would be my major Ca consumer. I literally have new rocks growing in my tank while the original live rock is growing by inches from the coraline. Aside from my branching hammer colonies that grow like weeds, the coraline is by far the biggest consumer of Ca in my tank.

That said, the reactor has kept my parameters very stable and the Cole Parmer has made my reactor a 100% hands off perfectly consistent device.. I haven't had to touch the reactor or my Cole Pamer in months now. My caclium stays at about 450 and Alk around 9.2. I got my CP set at 25 ml/min with about 1 Co2 bubble every 3.5 seconds using my AP regulator. I've run Ca Reactors before and the combination of a good regulator and the Cole Parmer can't be beat. It's absolutely fool proof and completely set it and forget which was not my experience with the reactors I ran in the past.

I will also note that I push water through my Geo instead of pulling it through. With it pushing the water, I have no gas buildup inside my reactor. When I first set this up, I had it pulling water through the reactor and noticed some gas buildup inside. I then changed the plumbing around so that the water was being pushed through the reactor in order to expose any potential vacuum leaks which it did. I went ahead & re-sealed all the fittings with teflon paste instead of teflon tape and also removed, boiled and then applied silicone grease to the uniseal. Once I had it leak free and running well, I never bothered to put it back to where the CP was pulling through the CaRX. I figured it was working great so I left it alone and have had absolutely no gas build up since.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 07/06/2015 at 08:09 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote