View Single Post
Unread 02/08/2012, 09:21 AM   #967
JarekS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_wille_zur_macht View Post
Jarek,

"pin 3" is the analog input pin that was liberated in version 1.0 of the hardware. If you do not have 1.0, you can set up your one wire network on one of the serial port pins, you'll just have to update the sketch to use that pin instead.

The DS1820 reports it's own temperature, so if you want it to report the temperature of a specific thing or a specific environment, just put it there! If you want it to report a heatsink temperature, glue it to the heatsink with a dab of thermal epoxy. Just make sure the pins and wires don't contact the heatsink or it'll short out.

Anyone who is new to this sort of thing and thinking about these sorts of expansions should probably get a "normal" arduino (or an RBBB if you're on a budget) and play with whatever the new component is on it's own, before trying to integrate into the Typhon. This will give you a solid foundation and help you understand how things function, which can be invaluable when integrating components.
I have of the very fist boards with inverted grd and + pins. So i assume that i dont have the pin 3 available.
Would any ardunio board do for testing or should i but a specific one that you guys recommend.
Having a two year old and a another baby soon is putting a roadblock into my "playtime" with anything. But i'll try.

DWZM did that expansion board project with moon led, temp sensor etcthat you were working on go anywhere ?

Jarek

JarekS is offline   Reply With Quote