View Single Post
Unread 06/22/2015, 02:12 PM   #104
Blue spot
Registered Member

Onward and upward

So with all the gloom never had chance to tell you of the good things going on. On my way back from holiday (still thinking my tank was immaculate ). I stopped in a fish shop on the way back, they had another one of my favourite fish which I have never seen in the flesh , a venustus angel. I have always admired these in pictures and other tanks so I went for it. A little bit of a gamble as I know they can be tricky to feed, but I am fairly diligent in my routines and have have a modicum amount of success with this sort of thing. So in it went...... Although I have a peacful tank everyone in their hated this fish, literally everything attacked it, so I watched carefully for a few minutes hoping things would settle down, but no , so I caught the batterd fish and liberated it to the sump. It's doing ok in their but not sure how to introduce it into the main tank. If anyone has any tips on this please let me know , but I will keep researching in the mean time. But after a water change and a bit of tlc I am pleased to say the tanks back looking good again. I also had a rare opportunity to take a picture of my white cap goby. It doesn't appear very often so I'll get these posted when I get chance . I know it tiny , but I love this fish so I was just glad to see it alive and swimming about. Last thing to point out is the moorish. It's got massive really quickly , wasn't expecting that but it's turning into an impressive looking fish . On the venustus thing , do you think adding it at night would be any good ?

Blue spot is offline   Reply With Quote