DS9490R - USB to 1-Wire/iButton Adapter
DS2405 - Addressable Switch
MAX406 - Single, Dual, Quad, 1.2uA Max, Single-Supply Op Amps
DS9503 - ESD Protection Diode with Resistors
DS2408 - 1-Wire 8-Channel Addressable Switch
DS2450 - 1-Wire Quad A/D Converter
DS2438 - Smart Battery Monitor
DS2480B - Serial 1-Wire Line Driver with Load Sensor

I already have a bunch of the DS18S20's and the DS9097U serial interface.

I fried the Belkin by trying to take the 5v after the power supply to power the DS9097, but I didn't have a diode at the time and I guess when RTS went high, it went back to the RX on the Belkin TTL serial port.

I got the WRT54g, since it was only $35 after the rebates, I don't think we need the extra flash or memory yet.

Temperature would be the easiest I think. We can always look at the code for Digitemp, or OWFS natively will do Temperature conversion.

I'm waiting on my Schmartboards:

http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products

Right now to build the DS2480 interface.

Then, I figured the first thing is get both serial ports working. I think leave console on ttys0 and put the DS2480 on ttys1.

Next figure out how we want to layout the FS, list of variables. I'm looking to see if RRD will port to this thing easily, if it does then we have a simple database for measurements. <-- disregard, didn't catch that you already mentioned RRD in your post.

I guess when can put the RRD files in RAMFS, then do a export of over nfs if we really want backup and historical data.

Further down the line, for the Webserver on the device itself, I'm not too worry about. It does cgi, so when ever command line tools we come up with can easily be integrated (which I think is how they actually set the nvram variables with "nvram" command). I'm sure at this stage everyone will be jumping to volunteer to pretty things up on the interface .

barebottoms is offline   Reply With Quote