View Single Post
Unread 10/17/2011, 11:47 PM   #25
TheFishTeen
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
Hey Guys, after the fish arrived at the store I had them hold onto it for 3 weeks. He was eating from the start...right after being brought in from Hawaii. But I wanted to take it slow with this guy so I decided to hold off bringing him home. It seems fish out of Hawaii ship better, maybe it's because of the short transit time. Anyway, I haven't had him that long... only about 2 and a half months now. Still have my fingers crossed hope all goes well. I make sure that my nitrates are extremely low, this involves a 20 gallon water change weekly because of the high amount of waste this fish produces. I also feed a lot of food and he eats every last bit. This fish is more aggressive than one might expect, he attacks his own reflection all the time. He was originally in the tank with a blue angel, bird wrasse, blue tang, percula clown, and a yellow tang. I got so worried that he would wipe out all my other beloved fish that I actually went and traded them in. While in the community setting he was still quite aggressive during feeding time and would get his share. He does eat way more now that he pretty much has the tank to himself. I left the percula clown in the tank because I couldn't get myself to trade him in since I've had him for so long. I've also had a long-horn cow in the past pass away in a community setting and nothing else died. I think it may be that they're only likely to release toxins when a larger predator is trying to eat them or something? If anyone is interested in keeping a blue box just make sure its eating with gusto and don't try and bring him home too quick. Ill let you guys know how he does.
Thank you for the first hand information. We'll keep in touch

TheFishTeen is offline   Reply With Quote