View Single Post
Unread 04/25/2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Tmoriarty
Registered Member

If you knew the best treatments for ich and how to properly incoperate them, IE hyposalinity, you could buy them and treat them while quarantining. My advise is to Hypo every fish you receive while it is in quarantine, just because you keep a fish in quarantine does not mean it doesn't have ich in its gills, the only way to assure they don't have this parasite is to treat them as if they do everytime. Just my advice. I do agree though that if these are your first fish and you are not ready to treat ich, you should look for another pair, or have the LFS get you a new pair (but he now has ich in his tank, and any fish he gets could have ich as well).

With ich, in general most LFS's that receive fish from a supplier and do not quarantine them will have some ich in their tanks. Its why we quarantine our fish.

If you decide you do want to purchase these fish, look up the ich treatments and verify the fish is still eating well before you buy it. The choice is yours but I agree with others to look for another pair of clowns.

Current Tank Info: Tanks: 203g custom, Mixed Reef, SRO-3000, Vortech-Powered (x2 MP40) 75g sump with 15g Fuge section
Tmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote