View Single Post
Unread 12/04/2012, 02:31 PM   #118
D-Nak
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm0007 View Post
Anyone have a reliable site to purchase one of these amazing creatures? I have been watching the divers den like a hawk and never see any.. Any other reliable options?
Divers Den hasn't had one in a long time. The regular site had a few come in. One person posted here, another is someone local to me. He sent me an email letting me know that it pulled through and he's had it for a few months. I suggest going to the LA site and signing up for the email alert to be notified when gigs come in.

I can tell you with some certainty that there isn't a reliable website/internet store to pick one up. Even those few who claim that they quarantine their gigs can't guarantee that they'll make it through the shipping process. I think this is why LA doesn't sell gigs often.

Of course, getting one from a local reefer is the best bet -- the only other way to get one is to ask your LFS to order one for you. However, keep in mind that all of the gigs I've seen at my LFS were sick. Make sure that you know all of the characteristics of a sick gig. Though tempting to pick up a sick one and try to bring it back, the track record for success is literally 0% of those people who posted on RC.