View Single Post
Unread 05/02/2017, 02:53 PM   #100
neiltus
Registered Member

Have not updated in awhile. Things are going normal. The two wrasses + potter's + goby all get along well. Tank has just been going. I put in some SPS, some are doing great and others are crapping out. It's funny how one is encrusting like crazy but some of the others just petered out.

Mantis and Pistol are still there and doing well. Cleaner shrimp is the most annoying thing and my peppermint just hangs under the powerhead.

I was gone for about 10 days my wife fed, PO4 went up, had a little algae bloom, seem to have got that back to the die off with GFO and water changes.

Brien-I love the DOS, it's pretty freaking simple, I set the containers on the bottom of the cabinet and put in a couple stainless screws for the pumps. Right now I am dosing about 22ml of soda ash and about 15ml of Ca, and that keeps things pretty stable with water changes. NO3 is running about 8ppm to about 16 ppm during the feeding issue above. PO4 is currently zero but I imagine there are a few PPB there, it was up to .18 during the feeding issue.

Both the melanarus and potters have gotten bigger. I feed frozen once a day and then some Cobalt Omni flake in the AM...everyone eats the flake...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592260
neiltus is offline   Reply With Quote