View Single Post
Unread 07/16/2003, 01:01 PM   #6
JHardman
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chicorodriguez
hmmm... That sounds pretty good, but after reading the linked post and this, I am wondering

1) If with two hosts, one could have both regular and black oscellaris? (I know you say to have more than one kind, but I am confused on the differences between a black and a regular)

2) Will a male/female pair form if there are more than just two clowns in the tank (of the same type)?

3) If you do have 3+ clows (say all oscellaris) will they all share the same host? if it was big enough, of course?

Thanks!

- CR
1) There are very few cases of long term success with keeping multiple pairs of clowns. The one case that I am most familiar with has been running for about 5 years and to date has only had one fish killed. I don't recommend trying it; it is very rare that it works out long term. Remember clowns can live for decades.

The difference between black A. Ocellaris and orange A. Ocellaris is just that, one is primarily black and the other orange. They are the same species of clownfish.

2) Yes a pair will form. However it takes considerably longer and may result in much more fighting and damage especially to the odd man out fish.

3) Depends on the fish. If all added at the same time the chances are better.

HTH

JHardman is offline   Reply With Quote