View Single Post
Unread 08/17/2003, 10:21 AM   #19
skippy
Registered Member

I basically used the Separation Technique to introduce my smaller GB Maroon to my larger one. It started as a move I had to make due to moving some tanks around. I had to put him in the tank with my established female and built a large rock wall so as not to have them finding each other right off the bat. They both had their own anemone and stayed very close to them. I figured this would pretty much keep them apart for awhile. After about a week I had to move a rock in the tank and they saw one another!

Thats pretty much it, the submission began and I eventually (a few days later) moved his BTA over to the area they are living in now. She made him sleep on a rock ledge for about 2 days before she let him anywhere near her anemone. I felt sorry for the little fellow. LOL. I find them sleeping together in her anemone. I notice that she feeds both anemones where as he doesn't feed either one.

It was a very interesting night watching this submissive behavior.
I watched them carefully for several hours that night to make sure she wasn't going to kill him. But I could tell right off that she was going to be ok with the situation. I have seen other clowns not accept one another and they totally go after them as though they are going to kill or really show distast for them being near. If you have seen anyone try to pair clowns more than once you will know what I mean (especially maroons).

Kip

skippy is offline   Reply With Quote