View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2018, 03:22 PM   #5729
roberthu526
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrapp View Post
So what killed your fish? An ammonia spike from the sponges? Did you test your water to see what the levels were? How big were the sponges and how large is your tank? What kind of biological filtration do you have in your tank?

I did test the water and it showed a 0.02 ammonia. The tank is a 125G with live rock and fully cycled for months. I am not sure if ammonia was the cause but the water smelled really bad. That’s why I did a big water change and changed the carbon. The sponges I took out of the tank smelled absolutely horrible. It was like a toilet that has not been flushed for a week. Now I am really worried about the bigger Regal that is still alive because he has been hiding a lot today and hasn’t been eating. I just feel like such a fool now...
I am so afraid that I am going to wake up tomorrow seeing more dead fish. I don’t know how much damage has been done to the little lives in the tank.
On a side note the juvenile small goldflake angel is still doing great, eating like a champ but I heard they are hardier than other angels so maybe that’s why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roberthu526 is offline   Reply With Quote