View Single Post
Unread 02/15/2018, 06:00 PM   #5743
mandarin417
Registered Member

Knock on wood that everything continues…

It has been 8 days now that I have had the two small juveniles from Live Aquaria in a CP medicated 30-gallon long quarantine tank at a dosage of 50mg/gallon and a hyposalinity of 1.020. I was putting a small neck clam in the tank daily which they picked at along with a very small bicolor angel in the same tank. Not sure how much clam was getting into them but they certainly pulled all the meat out of the shell. I stopped the clams yesterday since they are eating quite well from the water column and off the bottom of the tank.

I put an algae clip in daily with a variety of dried algae colors. In the morning I have been giving them a mix of pellets (Ocean Nutrition Formula One, Hikari Marin S, New Life Spectrum 1mm Marine Fresh Formula and Piscine 1mm PE Pellets). The New Life Spectrum is a big large for them but they pick on it later in the day when it softens up. They love the PE Pellets which are nicely sized for their little mouths.

A bit later in the day, I give them just a tad bit of frozen SF Bay Brand Angel & Butterfly Formula.

In the late afternoon, I put a small amount of thawed SF Brand Frozen Fish Eggs, LRS Reef Frenzy Nano and Hikari Mysis Shrimp in the tank.

With either the first feeding or the late afternoon feeding, I am soaking the food with a small amount of Selcon Boost, Omega oil and Vitamin C.

At the end of the day, I turn off the pumps/ato/external hang on filter and then siphon out the leftover food in the tank through a filter sock in a bucket, return the filtered water to the tank and then do a 1 to 1.5-gallon water change that has CP dosed at the same 50 mg/gallon as in the QT tank. I finish the early evening with a very small amount of Piscine 1mm PE Pellets which they gobble up.

While they are still a bit shy, I do see them getting more used to me and starting to recognize that food usually comes when I show up. They don't seem too concerned when I remove the PVC hiding pipes from the QT when I am siphoning.

Last edited by mandarin417; 02/16/2018 at 08:23 AM.
mandarin417 is offline   Reply With Quote