View Single Post
Unread 05/07/2012, 12:14 PM   #1238
Ianwraab
Moved On

Well maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwreef View Post
I would not be holding out for that. Aliexpress is just a marketplace for 1000s Chinese manufacturers. If that manufacturer disappears/goes out of business/changes name. Good luck getting in touch with them. Personally I expect 0% customer service on anything I buy from China/HK.
To give you an example. I bought a remote controlled helicopter. It was bad out of the box. They said: okay ship it back. Its a 2 lb item. Cost $50. Shipping cost to HK by regular untracked mail is $25 or so from USPS. Now imagine you have to send a 20 lb light. Not discouraging completely, but just be aware.
Honestly I can't worry about that till it happens because I have been screwed by apple and best buy in the past... Ali marketplace processed the payment it but the led manufacture was in contact with me before and after the sale...they set up some customizations I requested ( Tao and eshine woulda laughed at me if I asked for that )

As with any major electronic purchase Gather info, make decision, hope for best...

Remember the Chinese are building what we are buying and there is a big market for LEDs grow lights in America and Canada...

I'm worked for years in logistics and CPU manufacturing If it's made in china and warehoused in America it's gonna cost more just because of that..Because the US retailer is importing and paying rent,utilities, and salaries (all cost more in America then china ) these company's pass that bill straight to the end customer.( still think you get what you pay for?)
If my fixture breaks I can buy a brand new fixture and still not have spent as much as a name brand would cost....

Lastly remember ALL OF THE FIXTURES WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE MADE IN CHINA!TIWAN!OR JAPAN!

Ps... My light is 4 lbs and ill most likely ask for replacement parts to fix myself to save time and money... If your light gets damaged shipping back to manufacturer then it voids the warranty... Best to hand deliver or ask for replacement parts ...