View Single Post
Unread 11/03/2016, 02:29 PM   #115
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Looking gorgeous, as usual, cksss! Looks like some of the reds are coming back nicely. Great pics too, especially that first one of the copperband!

Thanks for showing what you dose. Pretty close to what I dose. It's odd that your reds would go before the more nutrient-greedy caulerpas. And you were dosing all those, when the reds went? If so, my best guess would be carbon limitation or allelopathy. This is when plants put out chemicals harmful to other plants. With three different caulerpas competing with the reds for nutrients, it's a real possibility. And carbon limitation is the most common nutrient deficiency in planted aquariums.

I had the same issue with my aiptasia 'controllers'. They work well, but go after other stuff you don't want eaten. I'm now on a very slow removal program, using berghia nudibranchs. I didn't get near enough for my plague, but they are gradually making a dent.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote