View Single Post
Unread 05/13/2018, 08:30 AM   #1
SumptyDumpty
Registered Member

Tunze 7000 hourly ramp-up ramp-down

Hi,

Tunze 7000 controller question:

Can the Tunze 7000 controller allow a few Tunze 6040 or the large Tunze Turbelle3 to stay at a low percentage for an hour them ramp up to near 100% for a cleanup run on the water column as well as repeat this process?

I have a few Tunze 6040 that I currently use on a mode ramping up and down in seconds,
but that only does the process by seconds.

The situation is for a puffer fish tank that the species seems to come out a bit more or swim/hover easier during the low speeds and water change shut off times, but I obviously like the flow of the tank where the piles of detritus get pushed to the filters better on higher speed modes with help from the Tunze 6040.

- It seems most pumps seem to run better over time when they don't completely shut off and seize up one odd day.
I'm usually there for the time the Tunze 6040 feed mode (off) is used and can catch an issue, but while I'm away, the chances of a powerhead error coming back on is higher.
The old-school way was to set water movement powerheads on a repeat cycle timer capable of long interval times, but that seems to turn off select pumps completely and is not what intended.

Again, I hoped to solve running a Tunze 6040 group on hourly speed/ramp changes or longer hourly times instead of short times in seconds.
It may keep the fish, the filtering process and I at peace.

Thanks

SumptyDumpty is offline   Reply With Quote