View Single Post
Unread 11/26/2014, 09:51 PM   #62
reefmutt
Registered Member

stick with me, biggles. The old and blind leading the old and blind.. Please bring your humor along with you whenever you visit it is always appreciated..
If I could get away with using a bit of phosguard in my sump, I would jump at the opportunity.. When my old system was running, I was using a dual chamber fluidized reactor with both chambers holding about 750 ml of RowaPhos. I would change one out every other week! I was going through literally tons of RowaPhos to keep my p at .15...
Once I started carbon dosing and using cano3 to maintain n, my p dropped to .03 without the need for any RowaPhos.
I didn't choose that method out of the blue.. It's the only method that works for me.. Over time, I will try to revert back to dsbs and cheato for nutrient control but for now, I'm sticking to what is working for me..
I have 20 xm bulbs. Again, I'm going blue.. I may change the t5 to something a little less blue... We'll see when the system is all up..

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote