View Single Post
Unread 06/06/2014, 05:29 PM   #237
Kieth71
Registered Member

Alright,I thought i had beat them but unfortunately they came back. They are not as bad as they were but the fact i have any is a bit depressing.They restarted with just some bubbles on the rocks but turned back into my familiar foe.I have tried alot of things to beat them over the long time i have been dealing with them. I will go over them as to show the different things i have tried.
1. I dosed kalk slurry at night so my ph would not drop.This worked pretty well which caused me to install a kalk reactor.
2.I dosed peroxide,this was not very effective in my case
3.I changed out all filters on my r/o unit and even disinfected the unit itself. I have made sure to keep up on these changes as i have heavy iron which turns the sediment filter red after about a month.
4.I ordered the expensive ultra algae x. This stuff worked for me while i was dosing,however once i did a water change and turned the lights back to a full cycle i would see signs of it returning.
5.I tried lights out periods.This only works for a short time then the dinos come back.
6.The closest i have come to ridding myself of them was a lights out period of 48 hours then i would start dosing the ultra algae x and shorten my light cycle to like 5 hours total.This worked for about a month after the last algae x dose but once i did water changes and turned lights back up they came back.I have one more thing to try and then i may be out of answers.I am going to dose mb7 hoping the bacteria will out compete the dinos.-Kieth

Kieth71 is offline   Reply With Quote