View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2012, 08:28 PM   #213
mr.wilson
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyZipperbaum View Post
First of all the professionalism of Nineball and Mr. Wilson in their responses is beyond outstanding.

I happen to live on a few thousand acres of Mangroves. I am finalizing my plans for a 20 foot wall consisting of 3 tanks, SPS, Mixed, and an FOWLR tank. The fish only will be on a separate system.

I have been trying to figure out where in the system to put the Mangroves but I am no longer in the dark as I am going to copy your design!

Questions... Where in the system do you have the Mangrove "raceway" Where does it feed from and too....also what are the dimensions of the long acrylic raceways???

Thanks
They used to tell jokes about buying swampland in Florida, then they started draining them and developing the land so the tables turned. With todays environmental protection and real estate bubble, I'm not sure where that leaves you, but it sure sounds cool

We ran out of space so we went vertical, but you can make a horizontal tank. We has 7 troughs that are about 48" x 5" x 5". The substrate is 3" deep. The plasma light will be replaced with LEDs soon which should solve the candy floss algae issue we have.

The mangroves are on a loop on the sump.

mr.wilson is offline   Reply With Quote