View Single Post
Unread 04/02/2013, 02:55 PM   #2
tj1627
I Dated a Robot

So I've picked up the tanks today. The very lovely $1 per gallon sale got me my new 40 breeder sump, and a special that a LFS was running got me a marineland 75 for $100. Not too bad at all.

I thought transportation was going to be an issue, since my only car is a Ford Focus. I expected to have to rent a pickup to get the 75 home.

Turns out I had an epiphany when I bought the 40 breeder... "Hey, this is 18 inches wide, and it fits fine!" and "Remember when I got the 55 gallon? Thats the same length and height as the 75 and it fit fine!" So in my mind, 2 + 2 = lets fit it in the back seat.

When I bought the 75 from the LFS and they carried it outside, I think the owner thought I was playing a joke on him. He was about to head back inside and get a wrench so I could take my door off to fit it in. To his credit though he let me try to fit it. And guess what? It made it

Barely.

I think if it were 1 inch longer, the door wouldn't have closed and I would have needed a bungee cord or something.

So a little help from my brother-in-law (Paid for in beer and a few rounds at mario kart) and we got the tanks up 3 flights of stairs and into the spare bedroom (from here on referred to as the *fish room* since I've commandeered it from my wife )

More updates to come.

They’ve done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal Marineland Tank, 40B AGA Sump: Vertex Omega 150 Skimmer + Vectra Cleaner, 2x Radion XR30W G2, 2x Jebao WP-10, 2x Ecotech Vortech MP10w, Waveline DC-4000 Return Pump, Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
tj1627 is offline   Reply With Quote