View Single Post
Unread 04/08/2017, 08:52 PM   #45
benbarfield
Registered Member

Electrical is finally done! Outlet #2 has been giving me fits since installing it. The circuit kept tripping no matter what I did. I disconnected everything on that receptacle and started over today. I checked each outlet individually. Each were installed and no circuit broken. I then added the exhaust fan switch to the wiring and the circuit broke. I realized the ground wire of the fan switch was making contact to the hot line when I pushed the wiring up into the receptacle. After fixing that problem, all electrical is up and running. The picture below shows the finished outlets.

My fish tank advisor/guru told me the stand had to be rethought. It was not level enough and we worried about the weight of the tank and refugium weight on the stand. Over time the worry is about sagging of the wood, bowing, and possibly breaking. Time to redo the stand. It was painful at first but I’d rather do it right from the get go…

Stand after demo…

Home Depot on a Saturday afternoon is one thing, but Home Depot on a Saturday with nice weather and the first shipment of spring flowers makes for a nightmare. That place was a zoo. The shopping list included wood for the new stand top, cement blocks, an outlet cover, sound boards, and lumber for framing the tank base and future upper cabinets. Pictured below is after the Home Depot run.

Rubber pond liner back on the floor and cement blocks were stacked and glued together in place. These will act at the supports for the tank and refugium. Another middle section of cement block supports still needs to be installed.

The pond liner is folded in the corners and attached with a machine bolt, washers, and a nut. This was done to prevent having to cut the liner and ensure a solid leak barrier/container.

Not pictured is a Brute trash can that is placed on 2 cement blocks in my utility room where the RODI unit will be set-up tomorrow. I went back outside to the exhaust ventilation and place a mesh guard over the opening to ensure no rabbits or critters get into the venting.

Tomorrow our plan is to build a new tank stand frame and framing for the upper cabinets above the tank. Finish installing the ventilation fan, hook up the RODI unit, and RedGard the sound board and all the exposed framing. My watchdog is currently guarding the salt until we start cycling the tank in the next week or so.

It currently looks like a bomb went off in my man cave...

More to come tomorrow…

benbarfield is offline   Reply With Quote