View Single Post
Unread 03/06/2018, 05:26 PM   #90
mystikal
Registered Member

Quick update. After a little hick up, the tank is back up and running stronger than ever. Had my Alk spike up to 11dk and lost a couple high end and colonies. Now that everything is stable things are growing, and encrusting. Here are a couple pieces and a FTS.

Most of the SPS had some burnt tips. After doing some water changes and lowering the Alk quickly(which was the bad part) I had to quickly reverse the effects by supplying the system with nutrients. This in turn was wishful thinking at the time, but after boosting the feeding and dosing; Acropower, ReefRoids, Fuel, Dr Tim’s SPS. This helped counter the effects of rtn and stn while kicking the SPS into grow mode and encrusting over the dead spots.

It was a pain to see some higher end corals suffer and die, but it happens. Also, I shut off the Carbon and phosphate Reactor which helped with stability. Still doing weekly water changes and went back to the original dosing regiment. Stopped using kalkwasser because....well it was the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk