View Single Post
Unread 09/03/2011, 05:04 PM   #13
MUCHO REEF
Registered Member.

You're very welcome.

Ghostman, I am so sorry to hear about this bro. This is truly sad, but I want to thank you for coming here to share your story. I believe it's going to help someone in the short term for sure.

M. Marinum is nothing to play with people and the word needs to continually go out to be vigilant regarding it. Please continue to update us on your recovery Ghost. Take good care of yourself my friend and God's speed to you on your recovery. Keep your chin up man.

People, please share his story and this link with everyone. I am no longer cocerned with how infrequent this may or may not occur, once is too many if we can help it. It was a full 6 weeks post exposure before this reefers or the doctors realized what he had and took corrective measures. This is why it is so important to wear gloves and why I made my reply in post # 11 above.

Please wear eye protection and dedicated reef safe gloves and wash your hands after you remove your gloves. Better still, wash the gloves themselves with hot water after each use and prior to storing them for use later. Make sure you rinse them well as you don't want any dried soap residue on the gloves to enter your system the next time you use them.

Thanks again Ghostman, much respect.

Mucho Reef

PS. If anyone else out there that has been exposed to M. Marinum or otherwise, please share it right here. Thanks.

Current Tank Info: 70 gallon zoanthid, Palythoa and Mushroom Reef.

Last edited by MUCHO REEF; 09/03/2011 at 05:55 PM.
MUCHO REEF is offline   Reply With Quote