View Single Post
Unread 03/03/2018, 11:15 AM   #41
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Use as much of the old water as you can.

One of the biggest mistakes people make is not doing this and they end up losing a handful of acros. I've seen this play out over and over many times over the years.

I'm not totally update to how many corals you have in the old set up.......but either way I'd still do this......you're still going to be adding about 30% new water.
Thanks Ed.

I actually have ZERO corals. The few I had are in a friends tank in holding.

My main goal is to get fish and rocks across and run FOLR for a while as I increase my FISH population (for more nutrients). It will take some time for the system to adjust/stabilize.

To achieve adding more fish I think I might be able to use my 65 Gal tank as a short term QT.
I hate doing QT for each fish thus I hope to get as many new fish as I can in one Shot.

While I Shop around for new fish I think I'll join the two tanks and start a slow rock transfer building up the Rocks Scape properly.

WHEN I have fish purchased, I will separate the 65Gal QT tank and run a mini sump.

THESE ARE just my thoughts, since as I do things I may realize things may need to be done differently (or my patience which has been rock solid till now, may run out).

Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote