View Single Post
Unread 02/15/2013, 11:53 AM   #1
sunilp
Registered Member

Received LIFEREEF Sump, Skimmer, etc..

I received my order from Jeff yesterday at lifereef. I placed it around OCT 2012. I can honestly say, the wait was worth it. I have never seen a setup like this before. It is by far the best sump, skimmer, canister design I have seen. Lots of thought has been put into the design of this system. I will be posting pictures of before and after soon. The before consists of the following.

1. PM Sump
2. Reef Octopus Skimmer Compact in sump model
3. HY10000 return pump
4. Teco Chiller

Reasons for change

1. I have constantly have to adjust my skimmer. Depending on algae on overflows, and crud in my filter socks, the skimmer requires adjustment constantly.
2. Too many bubbles in tank. Too finicky.
3. Slight seepage at bulk heads (all of them) Although lot of this unavoidable.
4. I can't find a decent filter medium canister. The Vertex canisters are so huge, I have no use for them.
5. Cluttered look. I like a clean install
6. I HATE FILTER SOCKS. These require change too frequently.
7. Flow through middle section of FUGE on PM sump has dead spots. Water does not flow properly in the lower part of the fuge.

The new equipment.
1. Lifereef LF-150 berlin sump
2. Lifereef Insump Skimmer
3. Lifereef Dual canisters. Optional third
4. Lifereef Seperate fuge. I can turn down flow on the fuge compared to sump which is a big plus.
5. Algae scrubber from local member custom installed on lid of sump.

I have been following Jeff at Lifereef for close to 10 years. He is a master craftsman. Stay tuned. It will probably be close to a week before I can start the change.

Last edited by sunilp; 02/15/2013 at 12:00 PM.
sunilp is offline   Reply With Quote