View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2016, 03:13 PM   #2
soulpatch
Registered Member

Plumbing was finished this weekend and water tested with success which was a huge relief. I need to finish the overflow drains and install the locline but otherwise tank is complete plumbing wise.

Marinepure blocks were added to the sump (and also a few to the biocube so I can seed from there)

Next steps:

I need to get in my rock from reef cleaners, set up my aquascape and put it into the tank. Then begin the process of moving over my controller to the big tank. I have a few suprises on how I am going to install all electrical in the stand which you can see later but it should be super neat and save a ton of space. In the tank I need to put in my WAV powerheads once I set up the rock scape and see where I need things aimed. Also awaiting my ATI T5 6x54 fixture to mount in my canopy along with 2 Kessil A360WEs I already have.

Finally I need to finish my AWC station in my utility room. I have 2 storage containers at this point but need to plumb them together and get an additional pump to make moving water back and forth easier. I did get the AWC module from Pac Sun for my doser so that will handle my daily water changes but I want pumps for large changes weekly to the tank.

My biocube once emptied of fish and corals will be emptied, drilled, and added to my big tank sump via my manifold as it switches to a frag tank. I have the IM coral frag rack so will use that in there and some marine pure plates to aid further in filtration for the system as a whole. And yes I have a separate QT set up which will house fish and corals in transfer as well as new purchases.

The tank was freshly filled this past weekend with RODI water for a water test and sits baren till I get in my rock. This thread will continue to develop as the build goes on much like my nano thread.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.

Last edited by soulpatch; 08/09/2017 at 10:05 AM.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote