View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2017, 06:41 AM   #6
Reefiez
Registered Member

But anemones here are 5-1000% the US price! The LFS explanation is that all the anemones go to the US, but I don't know if I believe that. It all evens out lol.

Update for my Quarantine setup!

Tank : 14x14x14 cube (should be 10g of water inside) with lid
Powerhead : Sicce Voyager 1
Heater : Eheim 50w
HOB Filter : Cheap Chinese made (not shown, replacement coming soon due to leakage)
Misc: 3" and 2" PVC bend, 1 bag of ceramic filter media, Red Sea Salt Mix, SeaChem Ammonia Alert.

This is my first attempt at any quarantine tank, and currently have 0 medication on hand.

My ceramic ring media had been sitting in my freshwater tank for the past 2 months, as I have no saltwater tank at this time. I use SeaChem stability, and based on some forums, it is suitable for salt/freshwater. My hope is that the bacteria could survive in both salt and freshwater and help me jumpstart my cycle.

I am cycling by phantom feeding, and will be letting the tank run fishless for a week or two. Will be testing daily to see how things are going.

I'd have to say, I was really surprised at how quiet the Sicce Voyager 1 is, based on the fact I asked for the cheapest powerhead the LFS sold. It's got this cap that could be attached in front of the head that rotates, generating random waterflow. Super low tech, but effective nonetheless.

The Reefer 525 should be arriving in the next 7 days, can't wait!