View Single Post
Unread 08/04/2015, 08:07 AM   #11
rhdoug
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmareef1022 View Post
Wow Crazy how someone from a small town can get totm..I use to work in fishkill..Crazy..congratulations on your hard work and dedication..inspiring for sure..
Hey thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemee View Post
Congratulations on TOTM!!!
And thanks for confirming to me that it's possible to have 2 assessors (let alone 6!!!) in a 56g tank
Well to be honest I'm not sure how many are left at this point. They have steadily become more secretive and I rarely see them now. I know I lost one blue on for sure when I forgot to turn the heaters back on after some maintenance this spring. (I have terrible luck with heaters.) I had one yellow which stayed visible most of the time but I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks now. I haven't seen any blue ones for months. Years back I had a yellow one that disappeared for over a year. When I removed a coral that outgrew the tank and it's rock, the assessor fell out of a hole and plopped into the bucket. So there may be some in there still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirreal63 View Post
Great tank Randy! I have owned several Oceanic 58's over the years, it is a fantastic size. What you have accomplished with yours over the years is awesome and you are very deserving of the honor of TOTM.
Thank you! I was tempted to upgrade many times, but the thought of disturbing everything has always made me reconsider. It is a good size and shape and I am happy with it, and unless it springs a leak it will stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine9d View Post
Good job Randy! Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. I always loved coming to check out your tank.
Hi Ross, thanks bud!

Current Tank Info: 58 Gallon mixed reef running since 1999, Super Reef Octopus Skimmer, 180w Maxpect Razor LED Light, August 2015 TOTM
rhdoug is offline   Reply With Quote