View Single Post
Unread 03/06/2007, 03:49 PM   #51
Acrylics
Registered Member

Helter,
Not sure how much that would help to be honest. I can imagine the tank still wanting to bow in the back and "pushing" forward but don't know really. I kinda think if you trust the front, then you'd trust the back as well ?

Chris,
Don't know if there is any specific test method, I keep the individual solvents isolated until I make a solution. I usually make 6oz at a time which will last about a day. If we are doing a 6 x10 kreisel, maybe a quart. Indiluted solvents are kept in the original glass bottles that they come in. I buy 4-6 gallons at a time, figure quart a week, gallon a month. So I prolly buy twice a year, never had a problem keeping solvent around for 6 months or so. WO40 - different issue

Shane,
Why make a channel? If you have a CNC router - easy. On a router table, double face tape a (round) template to the acrylic, set a coupla stops to hit the template and spin it. Not sure if this makes sense in text. Concept is easy, explaing it is the hard part sometimes
FWIW, I've always just glued the tube directly to the sheet, never had one fail.

HTH,
James

Acrylics is offline   Reply With Quote