View Single Post
Unread 11/23/2017, 11:51 PM   #9
Zephrant
Premium Member

I've got three printed, then ran out of PLA. I intend to start with four, which is what will fit on my 2' shelf. (They are 6"x6").

I got a culture of Nannocloropsis from Mercer of Montanna, so have two cultures started. One with 200ml of Nanno, 3ml of f/2, the other with about 20ml of Nanno, and 1ml of f/2.

I've done a ton of reading, so there is of course conflicting information, so there is some guessing going on. Feel free to offer any ideas.

Plan is to dose my tanks lightly for pod growth, and possible coral uses, and eventually grow Rotifers or other pods for live fry. No egg layers yet, but wanted to learn and get ready. Hoping the Clarkii or the Percs get with the program.

No idea if 6 watts of red/blue grow LED is enough. The bases get warm, so I can't go brighter without adding some vents, or a small fan. If this is not bright enough, I may do a PCB and use the 3 watt grow LEDs.

One minor issue- can't tell how green it is when there is no green light from the LEDs. Looks brown, not the vibrant green I'd like to see. If I do a PCB, I'll include a white LED just for looks.

Zephrant is offline   Reply With Quote