View Single Post
Unread 10/05/2017, 07:10 PM   #33
Newms118
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagatbezan View Post
Yes ageeed, ph change for short amount of time is not a concern and most fish will handle it with no issues. You can add a few drops of the tank water in the freshwater to try to balance it a little.
But if doing full hypo for a few days, then maintaining correct ph is important.
So my QT is 10 gallon and I keep it filled to maybe 8 or 9 gallons. My issue is sure I can drop the salinity, but I dont have a ATO so I worry that me just going to work will be enough time for the water to ruse 0.002+ which could end up hurting the fish apparently. How much water typically evaporates?

So i ordered a black bucket, malachite green and methylene blue since I read both have been used with baths, especially the methylene blue for flukes. My refractometer should come tomorrow so I will try actually looking for flukes over the weekend. Id be shocked to not see a mass maaaaaaass exodus off the fish during the dip.

So far today the fish still just pecks a small bit at food. The tank has a carbon pack in there to pull all drug out. Its strange. The flame usually eats by fully extending its mouth out (like with a kissing fish) to peck at the food. Now it just kind of bumps into it with its mouth and takes a tiny bite, like its afraid to fully extend its mouth. Poor little guy.

Newms118 is offline   Reply With Quote