View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2017, 07:26 PM   #20
Tauri
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJLKRL View Post
I recently bought a 75 from petco and used polarized sunglasses and my laptop to determine all panels are tempered after I got it home so I did not drill it.
I called Aqueon and they guy I spoke to said they had a shortage of non-tempered glass and petco had ordered so many aquariums they made a bunch with all tempered panels.
No way to know without testing with the polarized glasses and a laptop.
I even brought my laptop and glasses to two other stores hoping to find one that had one side not tempered. No luck. All the 40 breeders were not tempered on the sides though.

When you say it was difficult to pass the polarize test what do you mean?

Mine had just a few light lines show through the glasses, nothing major, but enough to tell it was tempered.
The 40 breeders and even a 15 gallon I had already let the glasses completely black out when I tested them.
Anything other than complete blackness when the glasses are rotated and I would think the panel is tempered and would not risk drilling it.
My initial test was not going completely dark but no lines that I could see. Everything I saw said that it would go completely dark when doing the test.

Tauri is offline   Reply With Quote