View Single Post
Unread 01/17/2015, 01:40 AM   #81
shaggss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
I probably should start explaining why I put a title as a “smart" aquarium...

As you may find out... I use complete Apex control system. I think that is a significant step to help reefer be smart ;-) and able to take “some” vocation somewhere, sometime…Hahaha

But this is not good enough. My friend Elton (especial Elton) and I, sometimes have family migration period from 3 weeks to 9 weeks (Taiwan/US, or Taiwan/China)…. All SPS additives may just stop temporary and SPS still maintain ok color and grow, Ca and Mg can shift a bit without hurting Coral, but Alkalinity (KH), I think it has to keep less than 5~10% fluctuation all the time.

Yes, I may skip Calcium reactor and using a GHL dosing system, but I still don’t know my KH value when out of town, and no way to correct it. Asking a friend to do some minimum maintain work per week? Yes, maybe, but when build a complicate system, then I got to find a friend with equal knowledge to do it to avoid collateral damage, that is hard.

I put my hope on Mindstream for a while, but then realize they have big delay and all updates are around other water parameters, no KH update so far.
Then we talk to another friend in Taiwan, Dr. Bridge (a nickname I call him…Haha)

(DR. BRIDGE....)

He then invented a prototype for KH auto test, monitoring, and correction daily or hourly.

(A LAB TANK WITHOUT ANY MANUAL KH CORRECTION for 9 MONTHS)

Above is his tank running with the prototype, absolutely no manual KH test and KH correction for 9 months, and his KH daily log show less than 10% fluctuation all the time.

Stay tuned...
If the good Dr has perfected this, he will be a MILLIONAIRE over night. Good luck and wish you both great success.

PS. Great tank build too!

New build, planning stages. 30 x 20 x 20", Geisemann Spectra 250W with Radium, Profilux controller, Profilux doser 2, Fluval SP4 return pump, Life Reef 28
shaggss is offline   Reply With Quote