View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2017, 10:42 AM   #2944
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Sounds like a plan, Jason.

Keep in mind seagrasses are quite slow to get established. That's probably why they aren't very popular in the hobby. Macros are much faster. In nature, seagrasses outcompete macros in pristine, low nutrient conditions. In aquariums they respond well to dosing and higher nutrients, but they have more competition if you also have macros. I added macros to help keep micro algae at bay, but often wondered how the grasses would have done without the competition. It's kind of a catch-22 situation.

I look forward to seeing what choices you make and how it works out. I think I remember reading somewhere that you have several tanks to play with. That should work in your favor, to have other tanks to distract you, while you wait for the grasses.

I'll post some pics this weekend, after I have a chance to tidy up a little. The shoal grass has recently multiplied and now they are getting taller. I hope to get manatee grass again, as it is my favorite. At their peak, I had several blades that reached the surface in my 30 inch high tank.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote