View Single Post
Unread 11/18/2014, 07:32 AM   #408
sh8g8delik
Registered Member

I am also dealing with Dino's at the moment. Looks similar to the Ostreopsis with the naked eye but not 100% sure. I'm on the verge of upgrading a whole new tank with bleached and acid dip rocks that has been cycling in a brute for almost 1 month. My questions are for all you Dino Expert. Can i reuse the water from my current aquarium now for my new? I'm guessing no since it has dinos floating in it. There are a few corals i would like to frag and keep for my new tank. Can i frag them and dip them in freshwater to be placed in my new tank or is that running a very high chance of contaminating my new system? Or should i just chalk it up as a lost and just let everything die out and start a whole new system from fresh? I also have a few fishes i would like to keep and don't want it to "let it go" in the old system. But from what people say, they can still carry the dreaded dino in its gills. Thank you in advance for your assistance. It is very close to go time with the new tank.

Also i have a sump and equipments that i will be transferring over to the new tank. I would probably be cleaning it with vinegar and drying it out beforehand. Is that safe enough or would i need to use bleach? Thanks again.

sh8g8delik is offline   Reply With Quote