View Single Post
Unread 10/19/2017, 09:17 PM   #35
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAClownFish View Post
I'll look into that more! By everywhere I meant all sources I usually obtain my information from. I didn't have success with more than two clowns either.

What you said about the 'streams' of flow is exactly what's annoying me in my tank. I want ocean-like water movement and I think from what I can see on Youtube the Gyre does what you said - move 'masses' of water. It also agitates the surface at the same time. Might be worth a try!
Yeah definitely try the gyre. It isn't void of streams, it's just much more distributed. You can definitely use momentum with MP40's or other powerheads to get a gyre going, or even a pulse mode to create back and forth rocking. I used an MP40 to create waves in my 48" tank back in the day, I could get the water to slosh out of the display =P

But the gyre seems to get the momentum going well with more even flow. I'm actually playing with alternating modes right now (though the alternate flow speed is much less since the impellers are running backwards to their design, but it creates a bit of turbulence for awhile instead of a constant gyre).

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote