View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2012, 01:52 PM   #295
TonyHNYC
Registered Member

I've been battling with Acan recession for over 2 years now and gave in last year looking around for Interceptor.

It seems that the recession ONLY occurs with my Aussie colonies. I had ZERO luck in getting Interceptor and I dont want to rely on this source that's such a PITA to get.

I am having an Acan now going through the recesssion. Visually, I dont see any bugs. My water parameter seems fine since I know that all of my other corals are doing well...... My next approach is testing a new salt mix (ESV brand). At the moment, I am really running out of patience with them and I've since stopped buying any Acans until I have a viable solution.

I had one acan that started receding a year ago. I dipped it in almost every single branded dips you can find in the market (melafix, Tropic Marine...etc etc). While it did stopped the recession, the Acan has never fully recovered...Ever since them, I has not grown and seems to be stunted.

So at the moment, I am kind of ****ed off at Acans. And if I ever do come across a solution that I can clearly show, I would love to share it with everyone. In the mean time, after keeping reef tanks for over 10 years, it is still a continuous learning experience for me...

TonyHNYC is offline   Reply With Quote