View Single Post
Unread 04/16/2018, 03:25 PM   #9
DeepBlueSea
Registered Member

April 16th, 2018

Just shy of 4 months since introduction of the beghia. I have not seen one since the last one that I place into the main display from the 10g. I'm pretty sure the power heads kill these little buggers. I also think they can't reproduce in the main display do to amphipods feasting on the egg sacks or lack of aiptasia for them to feed upon.

I have not added anything new to the aquarium in the past 2 months.

Aiptasia is starting to pop up again. I see 4. I'm not trying to remove them as I think by disturbing them, they just release more eggs quicker.

The 10g system is still sitting with just a heater. Occasionally I put the light on to see if anything is growing in there. I don't see any aiptasia growing in there but I also am not running a light on a constant timer.

I'll probably buy another batch of berghia because they definitely did the job that I needed them to do, but obviously, didn't eradicate them completely.

The main question I have and have yet to fully answer myself... The rock in the 10g system. Is that fully eradicated? Is it possilbe that a 10g system with no filtration system, allowed the berghia to eradicate completely aiptasia? I'll find that out in a few months time as I put that rock in a new system which I'll allow to cycle for a long time to see.

DeepBlueSea is offline   Reply With Quote