View Single Post
Unread 09/18/2018, 10:19 AM   #29
clsund
Registered Member

Jimmy, thank you for bringing up this topic and it is entirely NOT off topic. I bought these Mandarins as captive bred, implying that they were eating frozen foods. I believe that the website states as much. As well. I didn't get into it in my first post, but it's definitely very relevant. I had to buy the live pods because their captive bred Mandarins were not taking the Cyclopeeze. If you noticed, I wrote about how I had a pretty extensive conversation with Kevin about their feeding protocols with the Cyclopeeze (which they claim they use to feed their fish). The fact that my fish were not taking the Cyclopeeze is/was extremely concerning. If they had been raised on it, why weren't they taking it when I fed it to them? Rather than foal my water by feeding food the fish weren't eating, I resorted to the much more expensive method of buying to supplement my tank to ensure that they were well fed. But that brings into question ABs marketing and sales. Are they telling the truth about their products? Why aren't the fish eating food they were supposedly raised on? All very interesting questions to be sure. Also part of the reason why I stated Buyer Beware

As ffor those who sent condolences, thank you very much. My son is young so he got over it quickly.

Also always really interesting to see people jump to conclusions, make generalizations and start expressing opinions with limited knowledge.

clsund is offline   Reply With Quote