View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2012, 06:11 PM   #1
pimp4cheddar
Registered Member

So I guess SCUBA DIVING isn't for me... :-(

So after a long wait...this week was my scuba certifcation!

I went on Friday and picked up my mask, fins, weight belt, weights, safety sasuage, boots, etc...

Yesterday was my first day of training with included the classroom stuff along with some pool time (about 5 hours of pool time). Today was the second day and it was straight pool time (about 7 hours straight).

Long story short...this isn't for me. I felt extremely uneasy!

I was nervous…I felt EXTREMELY claustrophobic, hyper ventilated almost the entire time…choked a few times…I just didn’t feel safe at all. I was actually scared in there and all I can think about was drowning LOL. I had 500 PSI’s left in my tank and the guy next to me had 2,200 PSI’s left at the end of the class! I was really stressed out.

I felt this way yesterday, but I figured I’ll sleep on it and see if anything improves. Everyone else in the class felt great. I was the only person seriously worried and anxious – really really anxious!

I just left the store and took my paperwork back along with the rented BC, Octo’s and tanks. I can’t get my money back for the course and they just told me they have a NO REFUND policy for items so I’m screwed with equipment that I can't do anything with...

I can’t explain the frustration I feel right now…I just wanted to vent. It sucks that I’ve wanted to dive for years and I finally get my chance…and I freak out.

The check out dives are this weekend: Saturday at a spring dive and Sunday over in West Palm Beach at a drift dive. I’m actually scared to go as I feel I’ll freak out! I can’t handle myself in an 18ft pool…no way in hell I can handle myself 60ft underwater in the middle of the ocean…

Sucks………………….

pimp4cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote