View Single Post
Unread 06/01/2008, 11:34 PM   #1
tygger
Registered Member

Need Help Wiring Fluorescent Ballast - Questions

Hi,

I have a regular T8 or T12 fixture that stopped working. When I opened it up, there was a electronic ballast used for running the 2 lamps (The label says: for [2] F32T8 32W or [2] F 48" T12 25W, 34W or 40W). Old Ballast

I couldn't find an exact replacement, so I went to Lowes and purchased an Advanced electronic ballast part number RELB2S40SC for [2] F40T12 Rapid Start. New Ballast

My first question is, will the new ballast that's labeled for 40w work on my 32w lamps?

Second, the new ballast doesn't have a wire to ground directly to the reflector like the original ballast. If you look in the pic of old ballast, there are 6 wires coming out of the left side (red, blue, yellow for the lamp and white, black, and green for the power). On the new ballast, there are 2 yellows for the lamp and a black and white for the power. Why is there no wire to ground to the reflector like the old ballast?

Third, how do the wires disconnect from the fluorescent end caps? Do they just pull straight out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to start a fire by accident. Thanks!