View Single Post
Unread 09/24/2016, 01:01 PM   #12
jemw
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GfordQC View Post
Updated the plumbing to put in 45° in the inlet and added a union to the return in case I need to take the manifold out.

photo RearPlumb-45Inlet_zpsgxub7dwb.jpg
Looking at the return line of the plumbing. Not shown is the pump to plumbing connection. I would suggest the soft stuff at BRS: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/white-...-the-foot.html I substantially reduced the noise level from the return pump vibration to the sump tank with this.

It also appears that the emergency overflow feeds to the center chamber rather than the skimmer chamber. If you set the overflow up as recommended with a "trickle" flow to the emergency you might want to consider having it feed to the skimmer chamber as there will be some unwanted paritulates placed there. Also if you have a "nutrient export mode" for your power heads, there will be a lot of those nutrients which go to this connection as well. I have mine plumbed to the skimmer chamber, and had to add a sock to it for proper filtration.

I would also suggest that the connections ALL to the sump be through a soft-silicone-tube. Heat expands, cold contracts and with a hard connection, that will place stress on the three connections to the overflow area of the tank. And it will be more forgiving when you make the connections. Just my 2¢, hope it helps.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 300XL
jemw is offline   Reply With Quote