View Single Post
Unread 04/24/2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Guygettnby
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange062 View Post
I dont think they are comparable. The 28w intermediate is a far weaker light then the grow anything HQI, so all depends on what you want to keep. More light = always better unless you are setting up an NPS tank.

If you want to compare 1-to-1 then it needs to be JBJ Advanced LED vs. Biocube HQI.

i understand the whole light difference, but i guess im more looking at the tank itself. the difference in cost between the advance LED and the HQI is what is hindering me to look into that tank right now. plus i need a stand so that is another thing i have to look into.

the intermediate LED tank is on sale with a free stand and the HQI is alittle bit more then the JBJ with a stand.

i do want to be able to grow corals or clams if i choose too, so HQI is a plus there. but i am not really going over board with the coral right now. its not going to be an SPS tank, but may have a few in the future if i go with the HQI tank.

if you havent noticed already, i am pretty undecided and think i would be happy with both for different reasons. anything the one has can be upgraded on the other tank for sure, but were do i want to start. i would think the biocube HQI would be the best place to start since the light is obviously better for growing alot of different things.

Guygettnby is offline   Reply With Quote