View Single Post
Unread 09/19/2012, 12:44 AM   #23
ormet
Just one more frag

coralreefdoc: TS asked one simple question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hands View Post
This might sound like blasphemy but is it possible to dose nitrate to reduce phosphates?
And No, its not blasphemy and Yes its possible, doable, used and very very effective.

And yes, Kno3 will raise K but long before that you will have a seriuos no3 problem. So in a reef tank when used to help export po4 using carbon dosing its in not a relevant problem.

We are in the "Advanced Topics" forum after all, right? Isnt this EXACTLY what this part of the forum is for? In the Beginners forum, no, i might not have even bothered posting.
Im here to learn and share the little bit of knowledge i have.

And i fail to se how it is more advanced and hard to dose a little no3 then "implementing bioballs correctly".

And speaking of that, i am very very curious of what that implementation is. I have never used bioballs myself and i am in no way saying it wont work. Please explain, it sounds like to good to be true.

sirreal63 & gweston: yes, gfo and water changes is an excellent way of reducing po4, i dont think anyone will deny that It was not wat TS asked about tho, was it?

And no, its not "ludicrous" to dose No3. It's just a lack of understanding. Also Gfo costs money, a bit of NaNo3 or Kno3 is almost free

Last edited by ormet; 09/19/2012 at 12:49 AM.
ormet is offline   Reply With Quote