View Single Post
Unread 08/26/2017, 05:35 PM   #68
JaySchulz
Registered Member

Well since we have been stuck at home today because of hurricane harvey, I decided to start on the plumbing.

Plumbing will be a BeanAnimal set up with 1.5" pvc drains. I decided to use sch80 pvc instead of sch40 because of its extra strength. It might be overkill but it makes me feel better about the plumbings longevity.

Emergency drain is about an 1.5" from top of overflow box. Siphon is about half way down the box and the open is in the middle. I made my first mistake by not having the drain holes separated enough to have enough space for elbows on siphon and open. The siphon drain will just have to be without an elbow. I also had to cut the bulkheads shorter (about 1/2") to accommodate room for the drain lines. If I were to redo the overflow box I would of spaced out the holes and kept them away from the bulkheads.

I went with uniseals for the drain holes instead of bulkheads and I'd be very surprised if they ever leak. Definitely a bit of pain to get the plumbing through the holes. Not a huge deal but I've also realized how difficult it is to decide how high I want my drain pipes with the overflow box being black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaySchulz is offline   Reply With Quote