View Single Post
Unread 06/13/2018, 07:22 AM   #2
ReefWreak
Registered Member

I set up a reefer 450 3ish months ago, and love the tank. I was looking to go 55-90 gallon, and ordered a 425xl, and the 450 showed up. I kept it because I wanted to be able to have larger tangs anyway, so it worked in my favor.

I wouldn't set up a second tank, I'd focus my efforts. The nice thing about a basement sump system is that you can set up one-off tanks down there (crypto-fuges, macro fuge, seahorse, whatever you want) hidden away and easy to access, while keeping a single display tank upstairs that is the focus of the room. I would plumb the 450 into the sump system for simplicity sake and leave your pump at 40% power.

I think you didn't get many responses here because your question is kind of vague and has a lot of different ideas without asking a specific question, and it doesn't help that you copy and pasted this to multiple forums (ahem):

Quote:
in hopes that you guys here at the Reef Tank may be able to help me get this sorted
I hope this feedback helps. I love my reefer 450, and you will too. Be aware that it does bow about 1/4" in the center of the glass. Made me really nervous when I noticed it, but such is life, and it's a known thing with the tanks and Red Sea says its' fine.

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote