View Single Post
Unread 05/31/2012, 09:25 PM   #18
jimmyjames
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milonedp View Post
I'm actually building almost the same tank this fall just 2 feet longer (96 by 30 by 30), I reached out to EcoTech and they said 5 or 6 running perpendicular to the back wall (like this | | | | | ) with a tank that's two feet shorter you'd probably be looking at 4, maybe 5. I hadn't heard that a radion isn't good over 24 inches anyone have any support for that? I haven't decided what way I'm going yet but I'm interested to see if you do them and how you like them as you are a few months ahead.
milonedp or Doug....
I think I am going to go with the Radion...... between 4 or 5... I don't know yet.
I am getting a GREAT deal on these Radions since I have been shopping at my LFS for years. I will probably start with 4 first... and see if I need a 5th.

I am definitely open to hearing what you are planning for your tank. I actually will have a local guy help me on some of the stuff in regards to final design and plumbing. I'm actually going to go down to his shop with what I have and we are gonna spend a few hours bouncing off design ideas and also equipment ideas. His shop is Amazing Aquariums and Reefs in Orange, CA....
(www.amazingaquariumsandreefs.com)... I got to tell you that his showroom with his tanks are the best looking tanks that I have ever seen... hands down. All the local lfs know how awesome his tanks are and the local hobbyist around southern cali also know as well. So, I am very fortunate and excited to be able to sit down with him and work out details.

Love to further chat about your ideas... just let me know.

Jimmy

jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote